Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

yard sale tray

last month i was in north carolina visiting with some of my favorite people.  seriously- i got to see both of my sisters- all 5 of their kids (my favorite part), my brother-in-laws, my mom and six of my very best friends.  it was a good visit.  while i was there my best friend sarah and i went to a yard sale.  she scored a great lamp for her nursery.  as we walked away i felt the urge to buy something.....anything!  i grabbed this tray knowing (hoping) that i could make an awesome transformation.  well- it's taken me a month- but i did it.  ok, the transformation may not qualify as awesome- but it's not too bad!

an old vintage tv tray

she was selling it for $2.00- but being the serious wheeler-dealer that i am- i paid just $1.00 for this treasure!

a few coats of banner red spray paint....


ta-da!!  an alphabet tray for the kids! while most people have magnetic refrigerators- we don't!

i plan to work with jack on his......reading.

will can use this for activities with letter sounds.

and anna michael will practice learning her a,b,c,d's as she likes to call them.  clearly we have some work to do!


i was never the kind of girl who liked a yard sale.  i have to say- it's starting to be lots of fun!!

1 comment:

  1. As you can imagine I'm a big fan of yard sales. When we moved to NC I took Jacob and Zachary to one. Jacob scored a wooden chess set for $2 and Zachary got a scuba set for $1. Plus donuts and lemonade for another buck. They are fans now too!

    ReplyDelete